Highly Educated Workforce
Westchester has one of the best educated employee pools because of our best-in-class public schools, private schools, trade and vocational schools, and higher education institutions. Visit Training and Education for more details.
The Best Choose Westchester
Here are some quick stats about business in Westchester:
- Nearly 34,000 firms in the county
- More than $1 billion in annual payroll
- Approximately 400,000 employees
- Westchester County is the headquarters location of more than 170 businesses
- More than 10 percent of the nation’s patents originate from companies based in Westchester County
Several Fortune 500 companies have already chosen to make Westchester County their home. A few of our biggest employers are:
- IBM Corporation
- Pepsico Incorporated
- Pepsi Bottling Group
- Snapple Beverage Group/Motts, Inc.
- ITT Corporation
- Consolidated Edison
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Morgan Stanley
Living in Westchester
With nearly one million residents, spread out over 450 square miles Westchester County has quite a bit to offer both residents and visitors. Come and learn about our thriving county and its rich history, culture, geography and population trends.
The Westchester County Parks system spans nearly 18,000 acres and offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the northeast.