Registering your minority- or women-owned business with Westchester County is simple and quick. Here are a few tips to follow when completing the registration form:
- Click on “Register My MWOB”
- All fields marked with a red asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Question #1: Your e-mail address. Your e-mail address will be required when signing on to your account.
- Questions # 5 and 7: Your business name and address.
- Questions # 9 and 10: Contact person and phone number.
- Question #13: The designation for which your business is applying.
- Questions #16 and 17: The names and positions of owners and directors, and minority and/or woman membership designation.
- Question #18: Select the category or categories that will make it easier for your business information to be found by county departments seeking your services.
- Question #19: Describe the scope of your business. The description should be comprehensive, detailed, and accurately reflect the scope of your business, as it will allow county departments, contractors, and others to find you more easily. Be specific as to the services and/or products provided by your firm.
- Question #22: Complete this question if you would like to be considered as a disadvantaged business enterprise.
- Question #26: Enter your New York State minority- and women-owned business certification number (if applicable).
- Question #29: Read the attestation and check the ‘I Agree’ box before submitting the form.
Upon submitting the form, an auto-generated e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you provided. You will be asked to verify your e-mail address. Click on the link in the e-mail to complete the verification process. Then follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your account using your e-mail address and password.
- On the My MWOB Account page, select the Print Profile link. When asked to Open or Save, select Open to open the pdf-formatted document to print it.
- Have the document notarized. (Remember to wait and sign the document in front of the Notary Public.)
- Mail the notarized original to:
MWBE Liaison Officer
Westchester County Executive’s Office
148 Martine Avenue, 9th Floor
White Plains, NY 10601
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 995-2963.